[FOR ADMINS] How can I manage goal types and customize them?
In Teamflect, the ability to tailor goal types is a powerful tool for aligning organizational objectives.
As an administrator, you can effectively manage and customize these goal types through the admin center. This feature not only enhances the user experience but also ensures seamless integration with your company's unique requirements.
Follow these simple steps to manage and customize goal types:
Access the admin center by visiting https://admin.teamflect.com
Locate the Goals module and select 'Manage goal types.'
Review the default four Teamflect goal types:
- and Self-development goals.
Add up to two new distinctive goal types and customize the existing ones effortlessly. Additionally, you can re-order the goal types, modify their visible names, and associate them with specific user attributes, such as department, division, or branch. Determine the appropriate users who can utilize these goal types, and enable or disable them as needed.
To make adjustments, click on the 'pen' icon.
While you cannot directly edit the default goal types, you can modify their visible names, allowing for a personalized touch. Furthermore, if needed, link each goal to a specific user attribute previously established in Teamflect as shown below.
Note: To learn more about setting user attributes in Teamflect, please refer to this article here. Additionally, it's worth noting that it's not possible to connect a user attribute to the default Teamflect goal types except for the department goals.
By connecting the goal type to a specific user attribute in Teamflect, the system will automatically create a dedicated tab within the Goals module tailored to that user attribute. This functionality mirrors the current setup where, for instance, selecting the goal type as ''Department'' results in a dedicated ''Department'' tab in the app. Similarly, when a goal type is customized, the associated goals will be neatly listed under the relevant tab within the app.
Next, decide the access levels for the goal type:
- Everyone: Available to all users, regardless of user role or job title.
- Managers & Admins: Accessible to managers (people who have at least 1 direct report) and administrators (both Global and Scoped) for goal assignments.
- Admins only: Restricted to Global and Scoped administrators for goal assignments.
For further customization, insert the HEX codes for the desired colors and select appropriate icons from the provided options.
Once configurations are finalized, save the changes.
The Goals module will then reflect your customized settings, ensuring seamless integration with your company's structure, preferred terminologies, and visual preferences.
Comprehensive Use Cases
- Enhanced Departmental Objectives: Tailor specific goal types to align with the unique objectives of different departments within your organization. For instance, by customizing goal types for the sales team, you can focus on sales targets, client acquisition, and revenue generation. Similarly, for the marketing department, the emphasis might be on campaign performance, brand visibility, and lead generation. This alignment ensures that each department's efforts contribute directly to overall organizational goals.
- Strategic Employee Development: Customize goal types to facilitate employee development and growth. By defining distinct goal types for skill enhancement, professional certifications, and training programs, you can actively support employee career progression. This approach not only encourages personal development but also contributes to a skilled and competent workforce, fostering a culture of continuous learning within the organization.
- Streamlined Performance Management: Utilize customized goal types to streamline the performance management process. By assigning specific goal types to different employee roles, you can effectively monitor and evaluate individual and team performance. This approach allows for a targeted assessment of key performance indicators, enabling timely feedback and appropriate recognition for exceptional contributions.
- Promotion of Organizational Values: Align goal types with the core values and principles of your organization. By integrating values such as innovation, teamwork, and customer-centricity into the goal-setting process, you can foster a culture that emphasizes these key principles. Customizing goal types to reflect these values reinforces the importance of organizational culture, promoting a cohesive and values-driven work environment.
- Facilitation of Cross-Functional Collaboration: Customize goal types to encourage cross-functional collaboration and synergy. By creating shared goals that involve multiple departments or teams, you can promote collaboration and communication across different functions. This approach fosters a sense of unity and shared purpose, leading to increased efficiency, innovation, and overall organizational success.
- Adaptation to Changing Business Priorities: Flexibly manage and customize goal types to adapt to evolving business priorities and market dynamics. By promptly adjusting goal types to reflect changing industry trends, market demands, and organizational objectives, you can ensure that employees remain focused on the most relevant and impactful goals. This adaptability promotes agility and resilience within the organization, allowing for effective responses to dynamic business environments.