[FOR ADMINS] How to set custom user properties in Teamflect?
To enhance user data management, Teamflect allows you to set custom user properties in addition to the attributes fetched from Microsoft Azure AD. Follow these steps to create and manage custom user properties in the admin center, tailored to your company's specific structure and requirements.
Step 1: Accessing the User Attributes Section
- Log in to your Teamflect admin account, navigate to the Users menu, and select the "User Attributes" section.
Step 2: Creating a Custom User Attribute
- Click on the "Create new attribute" button.
- Provide a label, and if needed, add a description for better understanding.
- Modify the visibility settings to specify who can view this attribute on individual Teamflect profiles. It can be visible to everyone, the managerial hierarchy of the user(s), or only the Teamflect admins.
- Choose the appropriate data type from options such as number, text, date, currency, or dropdown.
- Select an icon to represent the attribute visually.
- Turn on the attribute to ensure that the new input is immediately added to the users' Teamflect profiles for use by the admin(s).
- Hit ''Submit'' after making sure everything looks correct to create your new manual attribute.
- 2. To rearrange the order of user attributes on profiles, simply click the arrow located to the left of the attribute. The attributes will be reordered accordingly.
Step 3: Managing Custom Attributes for Active Users
- Once the attributes are created, go to the "Active Users" section in the Users menu.
- Click the pen icon next to the user's name to utilize and update the custom attributes as required.
Important Note: Attributes synced from Microsoft 365 are also editable both in Teamflect and Microsoft 365. If the changes are made in Microsoft 365, they will override the ones in Teamflect. If you'd like to learn more about updating default MS 365 attributes in Teamflect, please check this article here.
Beneficial Use Cases
Skill Profiling: Create custom attributes to document employees' specialized skills and expertise. This enables HR to efficiently identify talent within the organization for project assignments, mentorship programs, or skill-specific training opportunities.
Certification Tracking: Establish custom attributes to track employees' professional certifications and qualifications. This ensures compliance with industry standards and regulations, while also facilitating the assignment of tasks based on certified competencies.
Performance Metrics: Implement custom attributes to record individual performance metrics or KPIs. This allows managers to easily monitor and evaluate employees' progress and contributions, facilitating more data-driven performance reviews and targeted feedback sessions.
Project Assignment Preferences: Set up custom attributes to capture employees' project preferences and interests. This enables HR to strategically allocate tasks and projects based on employees' passions and strengths, fostering higher job satisfaction and engagement.
Language Proficiency: Utilize custom attributes to track employees' language proficiencies. This is particularly beneficial for global organizations, facilitating effective team collaboration, language-specific customer support, and targeted language training programs.