What are the different review states?
Reviews created in Teamflect have 5 states. These states are:
- Waiting for self-review
- Waiting for the reviewer
- Waiting for calibration (only available if the calibration feature is turned on)
- Waiting to be finalized
To view your reviews and reviews' states, you can click the "Reviews" section in the left-side menu of Teamflect.
1) Waiting for self-review :
The initial state when the review is created is "Waiting for self-review".In this state, reviewee completes his/her self-review and answers the questions in his/her section. The employee then submits the review and now the review moves on to the second state: “Waiting for reviewer”.
2) Waiting for the reviewer :
In this state, it is the reviewer's turn to answer the review questions. After the employee completes the self-review part, the reviewer answers the questions from his/her perspective considering the employee's performance. Once the reviewer has completed his/her questions, he/she submits the review and the review moves on to the third state “Waiting to be finalized”.
3) Waiting for calibration :
If the calibration feature is turned off, the reviewers can finalize the reviews themselves. In this case, the review is ready to move on to the "Waiting to be finalized" step. But if the calibration feature is on, when the reviewers submit their review results, the results will be sent to Teamflect Administrators for calibration. During the calibration process, the administrators will be asked to enter the calibrated scores. Nothing will be visible to the reviewee yet. After the administrators complete the calibration process, one of 3 different scenarios can be selected to take the review to the next step. These scenarios are:
- Reviewers will be able to edit the calibrated results and will finalize the review.
- Reviewers will NOT be able to edit the calibrated results. However, they will release the results to the reviewees themselves. This scenario is used when you want to give reviewers a chance to look at the final scores before discussing them with their direct reports.
- Review will directly be finalized. Reviewers and reviewees will see the final results at the same time.
4) Waiting to be finalized :
In the 4. state, the reviewee and the reviewer go over the review together. If they want, they can arrange a one-on-one meeting at this state. They discuss the answers together so that better development plans can be prepared. When the employee and reviewer have finished discussing the review, the review now moves to the final state.
5) Finalized :
The last state is the "Finalized" state and the completed reviews can be seen in this state.